The Wielkopolska Region is one of the three regions of the highest investment attractiveness in Poland, for the most due to such advantages as: transport accessibility, access to highly-skilled human resources, well-developed business environment, scientific and research institutions with positive attitude to technology transfer to the companies and long-term commercial history. Approximately 50 from among the largest companies in Poland have their seat in Wielkopolska. Economic capacity of the region guarantees the success of the potential investors, number of which has significantly increased in the last five years.
There are more than 400 thousand business entities operating in Wielkopolska, including app. 7000 with foreign capital hare. Registered unemployment rate in the region is one of the lowest in the country. Wielkopolska hosts the sub-zones of as much as five Special Economic Zones offering advantageous conditions to the investors and creating app. 17 thousand new jobs. To enhance identification of the investment capacity of the region, we developed an electronic Investment Offer Base of the Wielkopolska Region (official website: www.eboi.umww.pl), providing specialist information on the investment areas for the entrepreneurs and investors.
Wielkopolska focuses on continuous development based on smart specializations, identification of which enabled determination of six areas of the preferred economic activity specified below:
(1) Production of bio-resources and food for aware consumers covering production of bio-resources and food within the entire value chain - from high-quality resources, applying the advanced methods and technologies as well as sales and distribution and managing post-production waste.
(2) Complex development of carpentry sector, including production of specialist and personalized interior furniture and equipment. The process is deliverable due to high quality of carpentry raw materials and components available in the region as well as using state-of-the-art design and energy efficient production technologies.
(3) Integrated production and repair of machines and equipment, including vehicles and transport means, with particular focus on automotive industry. The area includes development of, among others: specialized technologies and machine equipment for agri-food, interior and transport sector as well as eco-innovative vehicle and air transport means as well as public transport vehicles and systems.
(4) Development and improving of the specialized logistic processes in the field of transport and warehouse management. The area includes development of: specialist logistic solutions for SMEs and multi-channel trading, services, technologies and products for logistics and multi-modal transport for enhancing regional mobility.
(5) Supporting two areas of the ICT sector: technologies for innovative communities and ICT in business. The area includes development of: ICT applications, services and systems improving quality of life, advanced business systems and specialist ICT tools and products for regional specializations.
(6) Development of the advanced medical technologies, covering new technologies for controlling rare and lifestyle diseases as well as pharmaceutical technologies of high commercial capacity and responding to the enterprises demand. The area includes development of, among others: personalized medicine, products, services and new technologies for prophylactics, diagnosing and treatment of lifestyle and rare diseases.
All potential investors and partners are invited for cooperation.